Campaign Coordinator – Position Available
Position: Campaign Coordinator
Responsibility: Leading Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA’s ‘Asbestos. Not here. Not anywhere.’ campaign
Days per week: 4 or 5 days per week, 37.5 hours (full time)
Salary: AU$87,615 annually
Annual Leave: 4 weeks per year
Reports to: Executive Officer
Based in: Sydney
Background and Functions:
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is the global justice organisation of the Australian trade union movement. We work globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights. We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity, and support at times of crisis. We believe in collectivism and the capacity for people to make change through organising, building and exercising power.
Summary duty statement:
This position works in tandem with a Campaign Coordinator based in South East Asia to develop, lead and manage our priority campaign Asbestos. Not here. Not anywhere. to eradicate asbestos production and use in Asia which in turn helps to prevent ongoing exposure for Australians.
The Campaign Coordinator works in conjunction with our staff and members, Australian unions, victim’s organisations and government officials to elevate the profile of the campaign in Australia. The person will do this by leveraging from a well-informed Australian union movement and a committed Australian government that supports the only dedicated asbestos eradication agency in the world.
This is a high level position requiring experience in all elements of strategic campaigning in order to reach ambitious but achievable campaign goals. This campaign requires working in a fast changing and fast paced work environment and requires someone with flexibility, intellectual rigour, enthusiasm and commitment. This position requires at least 5 years of union, not for profit, or other campaign leadership experience, and the proven ability to work strategically and collaboratively to achieve program outcomes. In undertaking these responsibilities, the Campaign Director has the full support and guidance of APHEDA’s leadership.
- Campaign strategy development, planning, implementation, and management
Develop campaign strategies, plans and tactics to eradicate asbestos globally. Implement and manage the campaign in Australia including maintaining high level and up to date knowledge about the campaign and any related data. Work in tandem with Campaign Coordinator based in SE Asia.
- Relationship Management
Establish and maintain positive working relationships and strategic partnerships with relevant local and international organisations.
- Represent APHEDA with campaign stakeholders
Represent APHEDA publically in matters related to the Asbestos campaign including with APHEDA’s stakeholders, partner organisations, members, potential members and more.
- Develop and implement organising plans
In conjunction with Union Aid Abroad staff and activist groups and Australian unions.
Essential selection criteria:
- Strong and demonstrated strategic campaigning and organising capacity and at least 5 years of previous organising and/or campaigns experience.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills including campaign planning and project management skills. Ability to contribute with critical and innovative thinking.
- Capable of working effectively in fast paced and challenging environments.
- Demonstrated commitment to union values – fairness, compassion, equity and the dignity of workers – alongside a dedication to and good understanding of labour movement and social movement dynamics, including trade union development.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills, an ability to represent APHEDA, to build and maintain relationships and networks effectively in support of APHEDA’s goals, and to make informed judgements about labour and community organising.
- A team player, nonetheless with a demonstrated ability to work independently, within the context of a plan, and having a track record of achieving targets.
- Computer literate, including good knowledge of office information technology applications, including spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Ability to work in Australia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Deadline: 5pm 15 December 2017
Please send your application including a CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to Ms Kate Lee, Executive Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
Gross salary on scale 3B of the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement: AUD87,615.
12 months fixed term contract with opportunities for extension.
Download the full Job Description here: Campaign Coordinator
About Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA, the global justice agency of the Australian trade union movement, works in 15 countries in over 60 projects with local community organisations and trade unions. We seek to support the development of effective labour and social movements. For more information go to www.apheda.org.au